what is this blog about you ask? nothing, everything, something... it's about my life, a way to vent it all out, a place to babble about things...some days i am creative, others not so much... enjoy


Photobucket

www.flickr.com
LLCKmyLLPS' photos More of LLCKmyLLPS' photos

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's all about the things I want in life,

the battle I face to get there,

the strength I need to make it through another day.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sunday Dinner with the family

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Since Christmas we have been talking about doing family dinner's together. Well guess what its August and today was the first one... I decided during the week to have Cathy and the girls over for dinner. Tayler missed most of it she was out of town being scoutted for basketball (at 14). I made a beautiful pot roast dinner over egg noodles, Country Crock mashed potatoes for Lauryn, Phil made white rice (cuz hes puerto rican and doesnt do the irish noodles) and some green beans. The pot roast was great. Crock pot style with carrots and potatoes.. Real Irish meal filled with Startch, no Atkins in my house, Carbs are my friend.
For appies I did a small pasta salad and some fresh mozzarella and sundried tomato's in Olive Oil, went over well. Dippin bread going on everywhere.

We sat around watching educational tv.. lol yeah ok it was Cops and talking. It blows me away how big the girls are getting. Jaclyn is 16 1/2 already. I remember her being 1 just a few blinks ago. She has developed quite the wise ass attitude, which can be annoying yet cute at the same time. She has her mother's quick wit thats for sure. Tayler is just a bundle of love. She's the one always hugging, kissing and holding your hand, wants to be right up on you. At 14, she has her attitude, but for the most part just keeps her tude to herself. Lauryn is 9 going on 25 some days. She's big for her age 5'2", she weighed herself tonight 100lbs. Shes such a slender little thing. Her friends coined her Bird Legs. Shes such a good kid... This summer we have spent alot of time together.

Dinner was wonderful... The girls brought Brownies, I supplied Vanilla Ice Cream, and some fresh/frozen fruit. We all ate, enjoyed, mingled, talked. Cathy finally got to see the pictures of Michael, which turned into a whole debate between her and Phil. Needless to say she believe hospitals should not take pictures, give momento's, etc for people to hold onto. I dont hold it against her, she hasnt walked a mile in my shoes. I guess she commented to Phil that I havent come to find closure. Do you ever have "closure" when you loose a child, I think not, but that is just my interpritation of that. She is entitled to her own opinion and I stayed with the girls in the office to avoid that conversation. We shall talk about it another day...

So on to planning the next dinner, what should I make?

2 comments:

t said...

you are always telling me i am strong but i have to say, if someone commented like that about maia's things i don't think there would be any forgiveness in my heart. without a doubt they hold the most value of all my worldly possessions and although i don't often look at them (well except her picture which sits next to her ashes in the livingroom) they are invaluable. perspective is everything and although she may be fortunate enough to not see our (there i go taking it personal...) reality, how dare she call it's validity into question? ignorance is an awful thing to flaunt. she should learn to appreciate and cherish with kinder eyes. she had no right to say those things to phil. i am sorry she did.

Tara said...

Oh I know and for the sake of the girls being there I didn't explode. I have yet to talk to her and we normally talk 3 or 4 times a day. I have wrote, and re-wrote a letter to her many times. She has suffered a loss herself, early on. Regardless, a loss is a loss. I wish she would understand but she sees me as being brought down by all of this, and not returning to my old self. What she does not realize is I AM NOT who I used to be for MANY different reasons. It pains me because she is the one person I am closest to in life and she just does not get it, nor does she try. =(
Thanks for the support!