what is this blog about you ask? nothing, everything, something... it's about my life, a way to vent it all out, a place to babble about things...some days i am creative, others not so much... enjoy


Photobucket

www.flickr.com
LLCKmyLLPS' photos More of LLCKmyLLPS' photos

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's all about the things I want in life,

the battle I face to get there,

the strength I need to make it through another day.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Husbands sometimes suck

I dont know how to explain the frustration I am feeling with Phil right now...
On one hand he is a normally good hearted, kind, person, on the other a thoughtless shit.
We made an agreement months back, I wont go into specifics but lets just say, we both agreed to keep up our end of the bargin. Well I have and he was until he decided to push his luck a few weeks back and do the very thing we promised that we wouldnt do.. Ok this is hard to explain without explaining. On Saturday nights his friend has the guys" over to play cards, watch sports, and drink beers. I dont have a problem with this in moderation. 1 its about 40 mins away and if you are drinking you shouldnt drive that far from home, 2 there is NO need for it to be every Saturday night. once or twice a month is reasonable. We came to an agreement that he would go once a month. Well June came around and after a few months of doing the once thing, he pushed for twice, two weekends in a row actually. A week went by and I didnt say anything, 2 weeks after his last outing he asks to go again, I said no we have plans (graduation party) he tells me "well it is July", fine I say do as you please. He goes.. Our friends son is graduating high school and giving a party and he doesnt attend. Which BTW is par for the course on the rare occasion that we are going to go out with these people, he always has a "problem". But of course if he is in the mood he wants to go to the bar, but only on his terms.

So....July 23rd comes around and there is apparently this big game on that he wants to go to said friends house and watch. He begs and pleads although I had already made plans with another couple to go out to dinner. He calls and cancels with couple behind my back and doesnt tell me until the afternoon of. Then he tells me he really wants to see the game, do I mind... WTF am I supposed to do, I say again, fine do as you please, He goes. When he returns that night he swears he will not go again until Sept. Fine, Im happy with that. Where do you think he was tonight? Yep you guessed it.

After making a date with me yesterday that didnt happen because of his stomach ache, he tells me when I was tucking him in bed last night, "Do you mind if I go to Bills tomorrow night" I dont answer, I kiss him goodnight and go about my business because ya know, two can play this game I think. Well I let him have it this morning and he clearly knows I am not happy. Im out all day with the girls running errands, he is calling my cell, I am not answering. Come home at 5:15 he shortly after, showers, gets dressed, baseball hat on and he comes to the sofa to kiss me goodbye. "I dont fuckin believe you" is all that could come out of my mouth. I am furious.. Well needless to say he went. I didnt let it bring me down, I went to the movies with Cathy and Lauryn and just let things go.

He came home a few minutes ago, and I am just going to ignore him. Tomorrow night is family dinner at our house, where the girls and cathy comeover here.. He is in for a nice long day of the silent treatment and then when everyone leaves, he is going to get a mouthful of Tara..

Im tired of this shit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have to sit down and have a talk with him again. Remind him that he's not 10 years old anymore and that he has certain obligation as a husband. I think you are fair enough letting him go out with his friends once and while. After all, we all need some time away from the spouse. Therefore he should respect you for that, and when it's time for family dinners, graduations etc... he should be there.

Tara said...

Tomorrow night we have plans to have a discussion, look for a post regarding that tomorrow night =)