what is this blog about you ask? nothing, everything, something... it's about my life, a way to vent it all out, a place to babble about things...some days i am creative, others not so much... enjoy


Photobucket

www.flickr.com
LLCKmyLLPS' photos More of LLCKmyLLPS' photos

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's all about the things I want in life,

the battle I face to get there,

the strength I need to make it through another day.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Falala and all that stuff

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Merry Christmas!!!

Ok so I am a day late and a dollar short, but yanno I was busy and all that.
I had a great Christmas Eve and Christmas, filled with lots of fun times, fun games, fun gifts, and funny memories. My Manicotti came out wonderful, but boy was it hard to make, I think I will stick to shells from now on. The kids had fun, and Phil and I got so many wonderful presents.

Last night I had a moment, but it was just that a moment, nothing to send me into a crying fit or anything. I was just sad. My first Christmas as a mother, and I can't even enjoy it with my son. It is so hard to believe that the 1 yr mark is just around the corner. Wish for me smooth vibes. I think I am going to be ok.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday, whatever holiday it is you celebrate.

I would love some feedback on something, hit to comment if you wish. Do you think it is ok for non religious people to celebrate Christmas? Do you think it has become so materialized that in most cases the underline celebration of Jesus' birth is forgotten by most? For those non-religious people out there, what exactly is it you are celebrating on Christmas?

Now this is all coming from someone who doesn't necessarily believe in all the uniformed religious stuff, although I was raised a Catholic. For years I have been trying to find my place in a religion that suits me but haven't gotten there yet. I do celebrate though, the birth of Christ, but at the same time I see it as an over exploited day of the year. It is fun though to get gifts. So I guess I am just as guilty of the over exploitation.

1 comment:

t said...

it is a tough one, that question. marko vehenemently despises the term "merry christmas" and on more than one occasion this year corrected people (much to my chagrin) by saying thank you but i am not christian.he does approve of happy holidays as he feels that new years is a valid holiday.

i don't even know if we do celebrate really. marko and i do not exchange gifts at this time of the year and mostly we just use it as an excuse to get together with family and reflect on the year that has been, eat good food and take the time to visit.

i know when we have kids the gifts will come back into play. but i have never been religious. i do intend to have my kids understand the meaning but ultimately downplay it's importance. i don't think we need another day to celebrate consumerism. but that is just the grinch in me i guess.