what is this blog about you ask? nothing, everything, something... it's about my life, a way to vent it all out, a place to babble about things...some days i am creative, others not so much... enjoy


Photobucket

www.flickr.com
LLCKmyLLPS' photos More of LLCKmyLLPS' photos

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's all about the things I want in life,

the battle I face to get there,

the strength I need to make it through another day.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Are you a slave to fashion?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I will admit, I too am a slave to fashion in a lot of aspects, but this just goes above and beyond. The first thing that stood out to me was the tacky nylon ankle high's, Did she not realize she had capri pants on? Then there is the obvious *shoe protectors*. She probably paid a small fortune for the shoes and doesn't want to ruin them?

To an extent I tend to over indulge in clothing, purses, shoes, sneakers, things I just do not need. If I had to guess how many purses I have, Id have to go with about 4 dozen maybe. It is actually very sad. Most get used for a few weeks until a cuter one catches my eye. Then it finds its way into a box and piled in the closet, never to resurface unless I am cleaning out the closet.

My most recent purchase was a Louis Vuitton Ellipse. Granted it is a knock-off I got in China Town, NYC, but it is the purse of my dreams. I have wanted and dreamed of this purse for years. A brand new real LV would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $900, I paid $30 for my knock-off. The reality is you can not tell the difference without looking closely. 2 weeks later, Im ready to move on to something new. It is not all I dreamt of. It is stiff, the zipper is kinda hard to slide between the stiff leather bag. I'm kinda glad I never begged and pleaded for Phil to buy me the real thing.

Clothes, I am not so bad. I don't go out of my way looking for more expensive stuff. It usually just ends up the higher end stuff fits me better. *shrug*

Shoes, sneakers, boots Oh my.... I couldn't even begin. I have so many pairs of tennis shoes I could shoe an entire apartment complex. Most of which still have yet to wear and have tags still attached. I don't know why I need to have every color New Balance and Nike they come out with. My most recent purchase Nike Shox Turb OZ iD's, personalized with my own colors, and MY NAME!! How in the world could I not get them? They have been sitting in a box for a month.

So I guess I am a slave to fashion. Or maybe I just have an addiction to shopping. Or maybe I just like to buy myself things. Probably all of the above.
Oh well, off to check out Ebay =)

2 comments:

t said...

i could definately be more of a slave to fashion, as we have discussed before. for now i will stick to me one bag and my 5 pairs of shoes ;)

Tara said...

1 bag!!!! OMG I would die. Ok maybe not die but I would be really sad.

*blogger ate my first post =( *