what is this blog about you ask? nothing, everything, something... it's about my life, a way to vent it all out, a place to babble about things...some days i am creative, others not so much... enjoy


Photobucket

www.flickr.com
LLCKmyLLPS' photos More of LLCKmyLLPS' photos

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's all about the things I want in life,

the battle I face to get there,

the strength I need to make it through another day.

Friday, September 16, 2005

The little things....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sometimes it's the little things in life that can turn a frown upside down.
It seems I just took the most uplifting shower of my life. I stood there water beating down my back and shoulders, steam filling the room and just relaxed. I let all the thoughts in my head escape me, and I just enjoyed the moment for what it was.

I'm not sure why, but I woke up (on very little sleep) this morning feeling all out of sorts. I wasn't in the mood to do anything. I moped around the house trying to find the strength to do some housework, and couldn't dig deep enough in my soul to do it. It can wait right?

I then found my way to the computer, where I quickly found nothing interesting and decided it wasn't where I wanted to be. I went to the sofa, book in hand, blanket on my shoulder, ready for a good cuddle. I couldn't get comfortable. Maybe a nice cup of tea will help. Halfway through I realize I really don't want it. Back to the computer to find a game to play, a blog to read, a person to talk to, in the end I found no one, and nothing.

Back to the sofa, maybe Dr. Phil will cheer me up, nope, it quite possibly was the worst show for me to watch. Change the channel. I decide to pop in a DVD. I have a bunch borrowed from the library that need to go back Sunday, so I figure I better get to the last of the batch. Click play and I am all ready to go. Quickly this beautiful story about this mentally retarded man, causes me to sob uncontrollably. I pause to get some tissues. I watched both DVD's, wondering how someone with so many odds against them has found something deep in his soul to truly enjoy the life he has been given.

Swollen eyes and all I pop back online to look for someone to chat with, someone who understands what I have been going through and the emotions that I am feeling today. I am not normally one to lay it all out to people, Im usually a better listener, but today, I needed to talk it through with someone. I needed to be told that everything will be ok, I needed to be told that I am a better person because of all I have gone through and that someday, somehow, I am going to be blessed with all of my hopes and dreams.

With no one to talk to, I decided on the hot shower. I just stood there and let the water wash over me. It quite possibly was the most intense shower I have ever taken in my life. My eyes are still tight and tired, I need a good nights rest to cure them, but emotionally I am feeling so much better now. It's amazing what something as little as a shower can do to lift someone's spirits.

3 comments:

t said...

i am sorry i wasn't around. well i probably was around but busy puttering. if you ever feel like talking and it looks like i am away say something, likely i am close by.

i hope your night went smooth and that right now you are sleepy peacefully!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I wasn't on for you, hon. Just know I believe in you and love you. You are such a wonderful person and I'm so glad I've gotten to know you.

j

Tara said...

=) thanx J.. I appreciate that.