what is this blog about you ask? nothing, everything, something... it's about my life, a way to vent it all out, a place to babble about things...some days i am creative, others not so much... enjoy


Photobucket

www.flickr.com
LLCKmyLLPS' photos More of LLCKmyLLPS' photos

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's all about the things I want in life,

the battle I face to get there,

the strength I need to make it through another day.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Daydream Believer

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The weather was beautiful today. Not too hot, not too cold. I grabbed a beach chair, 2 bottles of water, and a book. I walked up the hill to the high school. I went to the park area, opened up my chair and just started reading. About an hour later my cell phone rang, quickly I was whisked out of the other world I had moved into. I was living the words I was reading, almost forgetting where I was.

I used to be a pretty avid reader, fiction mostly, some true crimes. The past few years I have dwindled in my reading. The last two weeks I am back in full swing. Sometimes finishing a book in 24 hours. I dive right in when reading. It's almost like a break from my reality. I finished my book this afternoon and found myself just putting my head back, closing my eyes and listening to the sounds of the children playing.

It brought me back to my childhood, I lived within close range to the town park and spent most of my days there. My mother would stand out on our porch and blow a whistle for me to come home for dinner. I missed the whistle pretty often, or at least I pretended to so I could have just 5 more minutes while I waited for her to send my brother for me.
The games from 25 years ago are still the same, they have just taken on new names.

As I packed up my gear to head back home, all I could do is smile. I felt so at peace sitting there. Brought me back to wonderful childhood memories, reminded me that I need to contact some old friends, and gave me a sense of what my future has to offer when I am blowing my whistle for my kids to come home for dinner.

No comments: