what is this blog about you ask? nothing, everything, something... it's about my life, a way to vent it all out, a place to babble about things...some days i am creative, others not so much... enjoy


Photobucket

www.flickr.com
LLCKmyLLPS' photos More of LLCKmyLLPS' photos

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's all about the things I want in life,

the battle I face to get there,

the strength I need to make it through another day.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Our Vacation,What we looked forward to for weeks, What we needed for months,What we will do again SOON.
Our Journey started on Friday while visiting the downtown area of Seneca Falls. It was a quaint little town, with very friendly people. We visited a few local museums about local history. The visitors center provided us with a map of great things to see and do. We grabbed a quick light breakfast in a little town diner. We headed to the the site of the first Woman's Rights Convention was held in 1848.

Here is the remains of the Church on the corner of the Convention.

Below is the memorial wall that stands next to the building that houses the museum. Enscripted on this wall is very powerful stuff. I enjoyed reading it.It is called the Declaration of Sentiments.

Here is a picture of Phil walking along the water in Seneca Falls. There is a foot path along the waters edge, where you can sit and watch the boats in the summer. Its very nice. I would love to go back when the weather is nicer and the lake is filled with boats.
Phil and I visited many winery's in our journey to Upstate, NY. We visited the Fingerlakes , there was an abundance of winery's with a great variety of types of wines. Myself I am a sweet wine, fruity type of girl. I do not like dry wines. I do not like red wine at all really. Phil enjoys a dryer wine. Strong and to the point. One of the winery's that we really enjoyed was Swedish Hill. There we were able to find many wines we both enjoyed.

The Belhurst Castle and Winery was another stop in our journey. The Castle was beautiful, and the views were amazing. We sat down and had a cup of tea for me, coffee for Phil and a little afternoon snack. The bill $22.00. It was expensive in my eyes, but well worth it. We really enjoyed talking and sitting there staring at the sunset.

I did a little photo editing to add the name. =)Here is that terrific view

Below is a lone flower I noticed when parking the car. Everywhere else on the property was a wonderful spread of flower, but around this one patch, only this one grew. There was plenty of greenery, but not bulbs on them. It reminded me of Michael when I saw it, I decided to grab a picture.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: