what is this blog about you ask? nothing, everything, something... it's about my life, a way to vent it all out, a place to babble about things...some days i am creative, others not so much... enjoy


Photobucket

www.flickr.com
LLCKmyLLPS' photos More of LLCKmyLLPS' photos

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's all about the things I want in life,

the battle I face to get there,

the strength I need to make it through another day.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

garden update

ok a little garden update.. first my squash and zucchini took a nosedive and i wasnt sure why until i did some internet research and found out that they have some kind of leaf disease that was spreading every time i would water them. needless to say i was really bummed out because those are my two favorites. i got rid of the soil because i kept replanting, and was probably doing continuous damage with the icky soil. i replanted in fresh soil, wish me luck.



my tomatos are doing great, i have 4 plants of all different varieties and as you can see below they are coming along quite nicely. we should be ready to pick and eat those three in a few days.



eggplants are coming along, although they are really a little early i think. the only below is the only one that big. should be ready to eat in a few weeks.. yummy!



my my my has the pepper grown.. i have two plants but this plant with the pepper came with it already sprouted a little but it has grown in size tremendously. im really surprised with my lack of full sun how well all the full sun produce is doing. i have to water 2x a day as it is very dry here but that hasnt been a problem. i thought for sure the fact that the sun shines from 3:30-6:30 on my patio would be a problem, but apparently not =)



my flower boxes took a beaten last week when we had another pounding rain... 2 days after i was still pouring water out of them. I dont have holes on the bottom so they didnt drain well... i havent watered them since and they are finally starting to dry out.



my mother's day basket from phil is finally coming back.. thanks to rosann who told me how to manage the clusters once they died off.



well thats it for the patio garden update... comment people... tell me about your summer gardens!



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: