what is this blog about you ask? nothing, everything, something... it's about my life, a way to vent it all out, a place to babble about things...some days i am creative, others not so much... enjoy


Photobucket

www.flickr.com
LLCKmyLLPS' photos More of LLCKmyLLPS' photos

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's all about the things I want in life,

the battle I face to get there,

the strength I need to make it through another day.

Friday, January 27, 2006

nothing but net in a world of seniors....

Image hosting by Photobucket

Last night was one of those nights in a kids life when one would realize that all the hard work, sweat, tears, time, and an occasional missed party was worth everything ever lost. My cousin Tayler, just 14 years old, a freshman in highschool, played the best basketball game of her life. She is a starter on the varsity team, which in itself is a huge achievement. Unfortunately the team lost in the end, Tayler certainly did not. She played her ass off, stole 17 rebounds, shot the first 8 points of the game, for a total of 20 points. As the girls exited the locker room on the way to the bus, you can see the hurt in their eyes. They wanted so much to win and could have. They were only 7 points behind. At the same time Tayler looked at me, with that sparkle in her eye, proud of herself and all she achieved. Im glad I was there to share that moment with her. I am beyond proud of her and all she has achieved. 4 more years and then she will be on the college court, she is just that good.

No comments: