what is this blog about you ask? nothing, everything, something... it's about my life, a way to vent it all out, a place to babble about things...some days i am creative, others not so much... enjoy


Photobucket

www.flickr.com
LLCKmyLLPS' photos More of LLCKmyLLPS' photos

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's all about the things I want in life,

the battle I face to get there,

the strength I need to make it through another day.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

good eats, and the things that make them possible

Today the question was posed, "what do you want for christmas", for some this is usually a pretty easy question to answer, and for me it is usually filled with alot of anxiety and indecisiveness. You see when I want something, I tend to just go buy it. That normally ruins it for everyone else who is trying to get me something I would really like. Much to my surprise this year I actually have items on my list that people can buy. I'm sure because of this I will end up not receiving any of them, and another bag of items to return with the crowds after the holiday's are over. I will happily go about my merry way returning my items and hopefully putting the funds toward the items I really would like.

So now you are sitting there going, what in the world does she want... Before I tell you, I am going to give you a little background into my culinary abilities of a year ago. A gourmet meal included a box of
rice a roni and some chicken cutlets. In the past year I have evolved into a pretty good cook. I have taken alot of lessons from the likes of Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray. I have taken alot of chances and tried alot of things I would have normally shunned in the past. I am constantly on the lookout for something new and exciting to make. Believe me when I tell you, I have a very satisfied husband thanks to this. Tonight's menu includes Apricot-Glazed Pork Tenderloin and Red Roasted Potatoes. Not the most extravagant menu, but it beats Hamburger Helper.


So this brings me to my wants for this holiday season. First on my list is this most adorable lazyspoon, sure I have plenty of wooden spoons, but none as nifty as this. Secondly I would love this most adorable 5-Quart Oval Saute Pan or something similar since I realize this would take away a hefty amount of my holiday budget. Finally on my list would be a a couple of silicone baking pans, and a silicone wisk & spoonula set. So there you have it, my holiday wish list. If you feel the overwhelming desire to purchase one of these items for me to go along with the gift giving season upon us, drop me a line and I will shoot you my address. =)

The funny part is people tend to say that I am a pretty selfish person. Why I don't know, I think I am far from selfish, so I am sure there will be a few who do not understand how I would be happy with items for the home, but alas, I have evolved.

No comments: