what is this blog about you ask? nothing, everything, something... it's about my life, a way to vent it all out, a place to babble about things...some days i am creative, others not so much... enjoy


Photobucket

www.flickr.com
LLCKmyLLPS' photos More of LLCKmyLLPS' photos

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's all about the things I want in life,

the battle I face to get there,

the strength I need to make it through another day.

Monday, August 04, 2014

i don't meditate quite as much as i used to, since moving back to PA, i have found that time seems to escape me faster now that i am back amongst my family and friends.

i have a friend back in SC who is going through a really hard time.  i have council led in the past on the importance of meditation and how i think it may help him turn off the noise that is constantly filling his head. several times he has tried, and been unsuccessful in actually feeling like meditation is benefiting him.  this evening i received an email from him, sharing how this weekend something clicked for him and he was able to sit still in silence for 10 minutes, and that his mind was totally clear and his worries seemed to melt away.  he shared that after his first successful attempt on friday, he woke saturday feeling refreshed and less stressed.  he gave it a try again saturday and sunday and is feeling amazing results.

meditation has been amazing in doing just that for me.  it allows me to turn off all the negative and positive thoughts in my mind just for a few minutes and feel the power of the present.  his email reminded me that i need to practice what i preach and find the time each day to clear my mind and just be still.


No comments: